Question: How can I set Firefox to use remote DNS when I use socks proxy in Firefox? I check my DNS IP on whoer.net but it shows my own DNS IP.
Answer: You can follow this instruction to set Firefox to use remote DNS.
1) In the URL address bar of Firefox, type about:config and enter.
2) You will see a warning page saying changing the advanced settings can be harmful. Click the button I will be careful to continue.
3) Then you can see all the advanced settings of Firefox.
4) Search dns to find the option network.proxy.socks_remote_dns
5) Double click the option network.proxy.socks_remote_dns to set it to true
Firefox always uses remote DNS when using Http proxy. Thus you don’t need to set the remote DNS option when you are using Http proxy.